App Certification Kit problem

Question

• I am trying to run the app certification and here is what I get when I create a package with both x86 and x64 flavors:

> "C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" reset

Windows App Certification Kit
    (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Welcome to Windows App Certification Kit.

This kit will help validate application compliance with Windows App Certification requirements.
    For best results please run this kit on a clean install of Windows. Also make sure all tests are run in the same session - reboots and/or log off will be recorded as failures.
    Please ensure that you have run your application(s) at least once and dismissed license agreements and first-time prompts to avoid unnecessary failures while testing.
    Please run 'appcert reset' before start of a new validation.

For more information, please run APPCERT.EXE /?

Successfully reset the testing configuration.
    Exit code: 0

> "C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" test -apptype metrostyle -AppxPackagePath "C:\Projects\MyProject\AppPackages\MyProject_1.0.0.22_Win32_Test\MyProject_1.0.0.22_Win32.appx" -reportoutputpath "C:\Projects\MyProject\bin\x64\Release\ValidationResult.xml"

This kit will help validate application compliance with Windows App Certification requirements.
    For best results please run this kit on a clean install of Windows. Also make sure all tests are run in the same session - reboots and/or log off will be recorded as failures.
    Please ensure that you have run your application(s) at least once and dismissed license agreements and first-time prompts to avoid unnecessary failures while testing.

The specified APPX package file does not exist.
    Exit code: -1

Press any key to continue . . .

When I only include the x64 version I get another error:

> "C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" reset

Exit code: 0

> "C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\8.0\App Certification Kit\appcert.exe" test -apptype metrostyle -AppxPackagePath "C:\Projects\MyApp\AppPackages\MyApp_1.0.0.23_x64_Test\MyApp_1.0.0.23_x64.appx" -reportoutputpath "C:\Projects\MyApp\bin\x64\Release\ValidationResult.xml"

Beginning execution of phase PROLOG (1 of 3).
        Beginning execution of task ManageAppXDeployment (1 of 5).
    Root "Trusted Root Certification Authorities"
    Signature matches Public Key
    Related Certificates:

Exact match:
    Element 0:
    Serial Number: 446ac3261aae19ac4eb194f40c9d40b1
    Issuer: CN=Filip
     NotBefore: 3/7/2012 10:52 AM
     NotAfter: 3/7/2013 4:52 PM
    Subject: CN=Filip
    Signature matches Public Key
    Root Certificate: Subject matches Issuer
    Cert Hash(sha1): eb 49 f4 42 a2 90 69 ef 1b a4 da 8d f4 56 de dc 83 b1 f5 cf

Certificate "CN=Filip" already in store.
    CertUtil: -addstore command completed successfully.
        Task execution result was failure.
        Beginning execution of task ProgramInventory (2 of 5).
        Task execution result was success.
        Beginning execution of task ModifyFaultTolerantHeap (3 of 5).
        Beginning execution of task ModifyPCAService (4 of 5).
        Beginning execution of task WindowsErrorReporting (5 of 5).
    Execution of phase is complete.
    Successfully executed the PRELOG phase.

The Windows App Certification Kit cannot continue testing since the specified Metro style App was not found. Please verify that the packagefullname is correct.
    Exit code: -1

Press any key to continue . . .

I tried the solution from here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/toolsforwinapps/thread/fa7a1add-3eff-4914-b222-073c4b8b4221, but I don't have any app with a blank InstallLocation. Any ideas?

Filip Skakun

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Filip,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 17, 2012 7:02 AM
  • Hi Filip,

have you tried running the appcertkit GUI version instead of the command line instead as described in

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694081.aspx

if you want to run the command line version then does it work if you use the command line described in the above link e.g.

appcert.exe reset
    appcert.exe test -apptype metrostyle -packagefullname [package full name] -reportoutputpath [report file name]

where you can get the packagefullname by running powershell and running the cmdlet get-appxpackage.

much appreciated,

mike

Friday, May 18, 2012 12:07 AM
  • I tried running the one from Visual Studio - which I guess runs the command line, I tried the GUI version and I tried the command line - it does not work with any of them.

This is the output from command line:

c:\Projects\SurfaceDJ\Win8\Win8DJXaml\Vectorform.DJ\AppPackages\Vectorform.DJ_1.
    0.0.29_x64_Test>appcert reset

This kit will help validate application compliance with Windows App Certificatio
    n requirements.
    For best results please run this kit on a clean install of Windows. Also make su
    re all tests are run in the same session - reboots and/or log off will be record
    ed as failures.
    Please ensure that you have run your application(s) at least once and dismissed
    license agreements and first-time prompts to avoid unnecessary failures while te
    sting.

c:\Projects\SurfaceDJ\Win8\Win8DJXaml\Vectorform.DJ\AppPackages\Vectorform.DJ_1.
    0.0.29_x64_Test>appcert.exe test -apptype metrostyle -packagefullname Vectorform
    .DJ_1.0.0.29_x64.appx -reportoutputpath %CD%\report.xml

This kit will help validate application compliance with Windows App Certificatio
    n requirements.
    For best results please run this kit on a clean install of Windows. Also make su
    re all tests are run in the same session - reboots and/or log off will be record
    ed as failures.
    Please ensure that you have run your application(s) at least once and dismissed
    license agreements and first-time prompts to avoid unnecessary failures while te
    sting.

Beginning execution of phase PROLOG (1 of 3).
        Beginning execution of task ManageAppXDeployment (1 of 5).
        Beginning execution of task ProgramInventory (2 of 5).
        Beginning execution of task ModifyFaultTolerantHeap (3 of 5).
        Beginning execution of task ModifyPCAService (4 of 5).
        Beginning execution of task WindowsErrorReporting (5 of 5).
    Execution of phase is complete.
    Successfully executed the PRELOG phase.

The Windows App Certification Kit cannot continue testing since the specified Me
    tro style App was not found. Please verify that the packagefullname is correct.

Filip Skakun

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 4:58 PM