none
Touch calibration restart RRS feed

• Question

• I have run into a problem I hope someone may have a solution for.

Because of some very special customer requirements and some strange reasons I won’t go into I need to update my touch screen calibration data out of band. I can modify the data in the registry but then I would need to refresh or restart the GWES to accept the new data from the registry. Does anyone know of a way to do this, preferably without restarting the unit?

Dave
    Friday, June 24, 2011 7:27 PM

Answers

• I've never done this, but looking at the GWE source it appears that it basically just calls TouchPanelSetCalibration with the new coordinates any time an operation is done that gets new points (TouchCalibrate or the initial read from registry).  That function is exported from the touch driver, and implemented in PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\TCH_CAL. 

Looks like you might be able to just call it from within the context of the touch driver?

Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Luca Calligaris Monday, June 27, 2011 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by DaveVMVP Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:38 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 1:23 PM

All replies

• I've never done this, but looking at the GWE source it appears that it basically just calls TouchPanelSetCalibration with the new coordinates any time an operation is done that gets new points (TouchCalibrate or the initial read from registry).  That function is exported from the touch driver, and implemented in PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\TCH_CAL. 

Looks like you might be able to just call it from within the context of the touch driver?

Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    • Proposed as answer by Luca Calligaris Monday, June 27, 2011 2:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by DaveVMVP Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:38 PM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 1:23 PM
  • I have forced a new calibration into use with my own coordinate values by invoking TouchPanelSetCalibration as mentioned by Mr. Ramsier.  No need for restarts or anything like that.
    email me: D HART (remove the space after the D) AT OICO dot COM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 1:50 PM
  • Worked great! Thanks.
    Dave
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:39 PM