How to control how many log files Advanced Logging module creates per day? RRS feed

• Question

• User-2146979371 posted
    Hello, For any given day, 10-11 log files are created for a single IIS web site. It's more or less default settings I'm using, and can't even find out anywhere how to change this. I've read much about the Advanced Logging module without any luck so far. The site runs 10 application pools, and it seems like a logfile for each is created. But some of the logfiles have entries which are linked to other application pools. It's makes searching log files (using timestamps) tricky cause we have to look in 10-11 log files instead of 1 log file (as when using default IIS logs). I cna't use default IIS logs though, as I'm behind a proxy and have to map the client-ip from a custom header (HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR) set in the proxy. Thanks. Kim
    Friday, March 9, 2012 3:47 AM

All replies

• User-2133027304 posted

I was having the same issue and found the my problem was isolated to when I used the default out-of-the-box Log Definition.  When I created a brand new Log Definition, that problem went away and began using just one log file as it should have in the first place.  Hope your problem is able to be resolved this easily as well.

Monday, June 4, 2012 4:45 PM
  • User-2146979371 posted
    Hi - that does not work for me unfortunately. On my 3 servers I'm already using custom-made log definitions - though I initially CLONED them from the default log definition. Did you clone them as well, or created them from scratch? Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:57 AM