none
Cannot open the worksheets in designer of VSTO in Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone, 

From time to time (like once a month), this problem would suddenly pop up that i cannot open in the designer any of the worksheets in my Excel Workbook VSTO project. 

At this time, if i create a new Excel Workbook VSTO project, it will be created successfully with the workbook opened in the designer automatically. But if i close the workbook in the designer, i would never be able to open it again. 

Checking the "trust VBA project... " in the Excel options would not help at all. 

And only repeated checking/unchecking that option, close and restart excel, close and restart visual studio, restart the computer, and finally somehow everything would come to normal again. 

And i DO NOT know which stop make it work again.

These are really frustrating experience!

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks a lot!

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 8:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you check if enabling the VSTO Design Time Adaptor in Excel com add-ins list helps?

Regards, Subhash Sreenivasachar

• Marked as answer by ramboisyuanbo Monday, August 27, 2012 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you check if enabling the VSTO Design Time Adaptor in Excel com add-ins list helps?

Regards, Subhash Sreenivasachar

• Marked as answer by ramboisyuanbo Monday, August 27, 2012 8:09 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:57 AM
  • Hi subhash,

this suggestion DOES work!

HOWEVER, what i did acually is to UnCheck that option and close Excel. After that, i was able to open in the Visual stdio designer.

Of course, when i go back to the Excel's option page, that option was checked.

Really weird.

Thanks a LOT!

Monday, August 27, 2012 8:12 AM