none
How to change the action to be executed when the touch is detected? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

There is an audio output for every touch detect on the Windows Embedded CE 6.0 based device now. I want to change the action to be executed (other than playing an audio) when the touch is detected. Is there anybody who tries this? What do you advice?

Best regards,

Yasemin

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 1:29 PM

Answers

• There's no mechanism I'm aware of to hook click and replace it with something else.  Instead, I'd set an event in the touch driver on a touch and implement the action in some other component...
    Dean Ramsier eMVP BSQUARE Corporation
    • Marked as answer by yaseminyilmaz Monday, July 11, 2011 12:01 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 7:25 PM

All replies

• There's no mechanism I'm aware of to hook click and replace it with something else.  Instead, I'd set an event in the touch driver on a touch and implement the action in some other component...
    • Marked as answer by yaseminyilmaz Monday, July 11, 2011 12:01 PM
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 7:25 PM
  • I take that back - you should be able to use WAPIMAN to hook these sounds.  See the following link for details.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ee487417(v=WinEmbedded.60).aspx

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 7:51 PM
  • I suppose the question really is, what do you mean by "change the action"?

You can disable the audio clicks in the control panel, that would be a change of action.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:46 PM
  • I want to prevent to play a sound on screen taps. Instead, I want to run motor peripheral on screen taps. Does Windows Embedded CE 6.0 allow this? Maybe an event triggered by WinCE can be on screen taps??

I've found registry keys related to sound as following. But it allows to prevent sound. Can it be possible to run motor instead of  playing sound on screen taps?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Volume]
        "Key"=dword:10002        ; Keyclicks: 1=soft, 0x10002=loud
        "Screen"=dword:10002    ; ScreenTaps: 1=soft, 0x10002=loud
        "Mute"=dword:7            ; 7=Enable all sounds (1=Notifications, 2=Apps, 4=Events.)
        "Volume"=dword:99999999    ; 0=off, 0xFFFFFFFF=maximum

Do you know which WinCE driver uses this registry keys? Is that driver placed into PUBLIC code tree?

Thanks a lot for your helps,

Thursday, July 7, 2011 5:03 AM
  • I think that key is used by GWES.   I think that given the existing code, you cannot change the action to something other than playing a sound, but as Dean pointed out you could modify your touch driver to set an event which you could then handle any way you want.
    Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 12:46 PM