lightswitch: data grid row height question RRS feed

• Question

• Where is the property to increase the height for each row in a data grid by at least double the default height?  I've tried several places but am not able to increase it.

I assumed the property would be here:

but changing the max height to various values does not increase the height at all. Neither does changing it to Pixels instead of Auto.

Thanks.

Monday, February 17, 2014 7:48 PM

Answers

• You should be trying for min height, but that does not work.

Try increasing the height of an item like 'Comments' to 2 lines, that will force the line height to double :)

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by db_dweeb Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:26 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 10:44 AM

All replies

• Is there a such a property?

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 5:15 PM
  • From my experience, changing the max height to various values does not increase the height at all, it might be by design.
    Monday, February 24, 2014 10:09 AM
  • hmm, i think that if you put some control inside column of row that occupies some amount of space (in my case I was playing with pictures and picture control), grid row should adapt.. hth..

Kivito

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition! (M.P.F.C.)

Monday, February 24, 2014 10:26 AM
  • You should be trying for min height, but that does not work.

Try increasing the height of an item like 'Comments' to 2 lines, that will force the line height to double :)

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by db_dweeb Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:26 PM
    Monday, February 24, 2014 10:44 AM
  • OK, got it.  I set the # of lines to 2.  

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:26 PM