none
how to get Site Activity information in SharePoint 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• we have a requirement to find information about the Users who has visited a site pae or list item and user really entered in the page. We checked popularity trend option but its fetch few basics details we need some more advanced statistics.

is sharepoint provide OOTB or need to write custom code?

Monday, February 6, 2017 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hi siddheshwar,

Popularity trends isn't the best for comprehensive and user friendly statistics. I would suggest to integrate with google analytics (but not the best in terms of security).

you also can use audit log reports to track down statistics. personally I don't like the way it presents, manually generating excel spread sheet is not very convenient too but it gives considerable set of stats (though downloads and views both are considered as views)

Monday, February 6, 2017 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hi siddheshwar,

Popularity trends isn't the best for comprehensive and user friendly statistics. I would suggest to integrate with google analytics (but not the best in terms of security).

you also can use audit log reports to track down statistics. personally I don't like the way it presents, manually generating excel spread sheet is not very convenient too but it gives considerable set of stats (though downloads and views both are considered as views)

Monday, February 6, 2017 4:50 AM
  • Hi Manoj,

Popularity trends isn't best option to get all advanced usage statistics. We are currently using this. but we need some more details. 

and yes Audit log report gives considerable set of stats but collecting those data has heavy performance impact. The size of the audit log data grow out of control so that it will impact on performance.

So what would you suggest to be a good options to get advanced usage statistics.

Thanks/Siddhshwar

Monday, February 6, 2017 5:13 AM
  • there are no much choices in this criteria Siddheshwar. Hybrid insight features are booming but if you are 100% on-premise, google analytics is the only way I see (even this wont give you the stats for downloads, views separately).

Monday, February 6, 2017 8:37 AM