none
Windows 2000 Advanced Server CD/ISO File Location RRS feed

• Question

• I attempted to put as much information as possible into the title so there is less reading involved.

I have through my schooling received a key for Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Now I do understand it isn't supported anymore, but for my software library I would like to have a valid windows CD for installs on my older machines when I am using this OS. Being a user at home, it is hard to afford up to date equipment for your server needs. This would help me a lot if I could be provided links to a download where I could burn a disk or purchase a disk with my valid license.

Thank you.

Monday, July 25, 2011 2:21 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your question 90q.  As described here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/ff723773.aspx  Windows 2000 is no longer available from Microsoft in any form, due to terms of Java-related settlements with Sun Microsystems.

Some products have been removed from Subscriber Downloads due to the terms of Java-related settlements Microsoft made with Sun Microsystems. These products are no longer available from Microsoft in any form, but may be available through third-party resellers or Web sites.

You may be able to find these discs through third parties.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Monday, July 25, 2011 4:53 PM