TFS IIS redirect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Do you know if it is possible to redirect say a single project (mayb ref by the GUID?) using an IIS redirect to another server? so that when users select this project they are pushed to the other IIS server within their web browsers?

We have the same project but want to host this on another TFS server and require a redirect using IIS if that is possible?

Thanks

Friday, July 6, 2012 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Geraint,

Thanks for your feedback!

I have tried to involve someone familiar with this topic. He said:

There is no way to do this at the project level. You can do this on the collection level by:

1. Overriding the public access mapping for the collection to point to a specific AT.

OR

2. Using a higher level routing service such as ARR, which inspects the URL and routes it to a particular AT.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:23 AM

All replies

• Hi geraint,

Thanks for your post!

As far as I know, you cannot redirect a single project using an IIS redirect to another server.

You can change the the whole TFS urls to another server, please refer to the following link about How to change Team Foundation Server 2010 urls for use externally:

http://www.tjopsta.net/2010/04/16/how-to-change-team-foundation-server-2010-urls-for-use-externally/

Please feel free to let me know if it helps you!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]

Monday, July 9, 2012 7:32 AM
  • Hi Cathy,

You can use a URL rewrite pluggin for IIS 7 that has done this. 

But thanks for looking into this.

Regards

Geraint

Monday, July 9, 2012 9:00 AM
  • Hi Geraint,

Thanks for your feedback!

I have tried to involve someone familiar with this topic. He said:

There is no way to do this at the project level. You can do this on the collection level by:

1. Overriding the public access mapping for the collection to point to a specific AT.

OR

2. Using a higher level routing service such as ARR, which inspects the URL and routes it to a particular AT.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong [MSFT]

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:23 AM
  • Hi Cathy, 

Thanks for the information

How do we accomplish the overriding of the public access mapping?  

Regards

Geraint

Monday, July 16, 2012 2:23 PM