none
EDI configuration error, after Biztalk Server 2006 setup... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am unable to configure EDI with Biztalk Configuration, and keep getting the following error :

[3:44:57 PM Info ConfigHelper] EDI is not registered.
    [3:44:57 PM Warning EDIConfig] EDI db is not registered in BTS management DB. No need to unregister it.
    [3:44:57 PM Info EDIConfig] Leaving function: CEDIConfig::ConfigureFeature
    [3:44:57 PM Warning Configuration Framework]Feature failed to configure: EDI.
    [3:44:57 PM Info Configuration Framework]Configuration Summaries:
    [3:44:57 PM Error Configuration Framework]Feature: [EDI] Failed to configure with error message [Unable to set permissions on the shared documents home folder.]

Not sure how to solve this issue.

It would be great if any of you guys can help me, Its been almost a week googling this prob but in vain.

Thanks in advance
    Aditya Pawar
    Friday, January 11, 2008 9:10 PM

Answers

• I think the problem you are experiencing is that not all of the security groups and SQL roles have setup to the appropriate users for running EDI so when the installer tries to setup permissions it fails. See the following link for details on required membership in the security groups for EDI and in the SQL roles: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa546733.aspx

Also, EDI setup in BizTalk Server 2006 R2 has been simplified so you may consider upgrading to R2 for this reason.

Thanks,

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For some additional information, I am installing this on Vista.

I even tried bye deleting the EDISubsystem folder, then also I keep getting the same error.

Thanks
    Aditya Pawar
    Friday, January 11, 2008 10:14 PM
  • I think the problem you are experiencing is that not all of the security groups and SQL roles have setup to the appropriate users for running EDI so when the installer tries to setup permissions it fails. See the following link for details on required membership in the security groups for EDI and in the SQL roles: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa546733.aspx

Also, EDI setup in BizTalk Server 2006 R2 has been simplified so you may consider upgrading to R2 for this reason.

Thanks,

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:26 AM