Release version locks up RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an LS2011 in-browser app that works fine in Debug configuration but freezes when running under Release.

It shows the Loading... and then the bolded Loading... but it just freezes at that point.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Edited by Dave Vorgang Thursday, December 8, 2016 1:13 AM Misspell
    Thursday, December 8, 2016 12:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Dave,

Please install Visual Studio 2010 update, and check whether it can fix this issue.

Regards,

Angie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 12, 2016 5:45 AM
  • Hi Dave, the other thing you can do is to enable tracing in the web.config and then open a separate browser tab with your domain/trace.axd and then run your app and then switch back to the trace tab and explore the details of what is causing the problem - hopefully it will show you some red errors or hints. Search the forum for more information on using the tracing feature if required. Hope this helps.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Monday, December 12, 2016 6:47 PM
  • Hi Angie,

I'm on 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel.  This version work fine on my other machine but not on this one.

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:08 PM
  • Hi Xander,

How do I find or modify the web.config file in the ide? I thought it was generated in this version of LS?

Thanks,

Dave

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:11 PM
  • The web.config file should be in the Server project. Alternatively you can also directly modify web.config file the deployed folder on the server. If you are using an earlier version of LS then you may have to toggle that button above the solution explorer to switch between Logical and File views (you want the File view).

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Monday, December 12, 2016 8:12 PM
  • My Server project does not have the web.config file.  It does have app.config.  Should I modify that file?  Does it rename it to web.config when it builds the app?

Thanks,

Dave

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 5:07 PM