none
BizTalk WCF SAP Adapter – Orders05 IDOC generated Schema inconsistency RRS feed

• Question

• The BizTalk 2006 R2 WCF LOB Adapter for SAP generated IDOC Schemas is inconsistent with the segment name like E1EDP01008 / E2EDP01008 and E1(2)EDP19002. But when I receive a Orders05 IDOC from SAP these segment names will be E1EDP01006 and E1EDP19001.

I tried regenerating the schema. No use. the IDOCs I receve from SAP were having segment names like E1EDP01006 and E1EDP19001.

did I miss any step/settings during Orders05 V3 700 Schema generation? or how do you overcome this difference in schemas.

Is this a bug. will it be fixed in BizTalk 2009 and new WCF adapter pack for SAP?
    Ashith Raj
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:11 AM

Answers

• No. It is not a bug.
    It seems there is a mismatch in the release number with the schema that you have generated and the IDoc that you are sending from the sap system.

The schema that you have generated is the latest one(for release 700) that has the latest segment definitions, E2EDP01008.. and the idoc that is sent from the sap system has to be of a older release, having older segment definitions.

1. If your intention is to receive the latest idoc, then you have to modify the Partner profile settings in your sap system. Your sap experts should be able to help you in this.
    2. Otherwise, you can figure out the segment release of Idoc, which is being sent by the sap system and generate the schema for that particular release.

If you have access to SapGui, you can access WE20 transaction where you can look into your partner profile for the Segment release settings.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Jeevitha
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:14 AM

All replies

• No. It is not a bug.
    It seems there is a mismatch in the release number with the schema that you have generated and the IDoc that you are sending from the sap system.

The schema that you have generated is the latest one(for release 700) that has the latest segment definitions, E2EDP01008.. and the idoc that is sent from the sap system has to be of a older release, having older segment definitions.

1. If your intention is to receive the latest idoc, then you have to modify the Partner profile settings in your sap system. Your sap experts should be able to help you in this.
    2. Otherwise, you can figure out the segment release of Idoc, which is being sent by the sap system and generate the schema for that particular release.

If you have access to SapGui, you can access WE20 transaction where you can look into your partner profile for the Segment release settings.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
    Jeevitha
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:14 AM
  • I got my SAP Administrator to setup/modify the Partner profile to send IDOCS with Version 3 Release 700. This resolved the problem I had. I knew there was something missing on the SAP side because all my other IDOCS work without issues..

Thanks for the quick response, it saved 1 day of effort of testing on BizTalk Side.

Ashith Raj

Ashith Raj
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:58 PM