License verification - will it create issues ?

Question

• I have an app that I want to post on the Store.

When my app starts, it verifies if the license is active and if it's not, it asks the user to buy the app. 

while (!LicenseInformation.IsActive) // Current license mode: Inactive license           

{                   

await CurrentApp.RequestAppPurchaseAsync(false);               

if (LicenseInformation.IsActive) continue;               

var text = "An error ocurred while buying the app. Do you want to try again to buy the app ?";

var errMd = new MessageDialog(text);

errMd.Commands.Add(new UICommand("Yes"));               

errMd.Commands.Add(new UICommand("No", uiCommandInvokedHandler => Application.Current.Exit()));   

await errMd.ShowAsync();           

}

Because my app is not yet on the Store, an error appears "This app is not available on the Store".

This problem will obviously not appear after my app is released, but my question is if that error will create problems to the guys from Microsoft who test my app for certification and what should I do in that case? 

• Edited by ArchGabriel Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:06 AM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:57 PM

Answers

• No, it will not create a problem for the testers from Microsoft testing your app. They basically test your app as if it came from the store, before making it publically available.

Regards, Paras Wadehra http://twitter.com/ParasWadehra

• Marked as answer by ArchGabriel Thursday, July 17, 2014 11:05 AM
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:24 PM
  • You should be fine. Using CurrentApp instead of CurrentAppSimulator is correct when submitting your app.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:05 PM
    Owner

All replies

• You should be fine. Using CurrentApp instead of CurrentAppSimulator is correct when submitting your app.
    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:05 PM
    Owner
  • No, it will not create a problem for the testers from Microsoft testing your app. They basically test your app as if it came from the store, before making it publically available.

Regards, Paras Wadehra http://twitter.com/ParasWadehra

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 10:24 PM