Audio On Windows 8 Dev preview Not working for Build 8102

Question

• Hi

On Windows XP SP2, I did a Custom Install of Windows 8 Developer Preview Build 8102 via USB.

I am not able to understand why I am not able to play Audio.

Through Device Manager Control Panel Applet, Windows couldnt install Drivers for Multimedia Audio Controller.

What am I missing and what should I do to make my new speakers play Audio.

Regards,

Srinivasan

srinivasansaripalli
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• First of all please follow steps on:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/troubleshoot-compatibility-issues-in-windows-8-developer-preview.aspx

And if problem did not solved, visit your PC manufacturer and install latest version of audio drivers for Windows 7 version.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 6:49 AM
  • Try installing your devices via their native setup bootstrapper and run that setup in compatibility mode with Windows 7.
    Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:11 AM
  • Sir,

I need to say that all I have is a CD with WinXP SP2 and a USB with Windows 8 Developer Preview

I dont have Windows 7.

Regards,

Srinivasan

srinivasansaripalli
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:21 AM
  • You don't need the Windows 7 install. From your message I understood that you don't have audio driver installed and can't get past the Add Hardware wizard because it tells you that it hasn't found any driver for your device, correct?

What I suggest is to download drivers from catalog.update.microsoft.com, unpack the downloaded CAB file, right-click the setup executable of your audio drivers and set compatibility mode with Windows 7 in the exe's properties.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Saturday, October 22, 2011 8:33 AM