Reporting Services show "Printing Now" and then hank RRS feed

• Question

• We have a problem with print report with reporting services as it's always show "printing now" then the pc will hank. This problem is not happen to everywhere, it's only some place. We have a centralize system which was developed by using MS Sql Server 2005 and .Net Framework 1.1  and we used Reporting Services as a report generator. This system is using by our client site about 5,000 sites. Some of them have a problem when print report as following step;
    1. Open Report
    2. Print on the Button (Our Coding, same script with print icon on reporting services tool)
    3. It show a panel to select printer, then user select printer
    4. Click Print button on a print panel
    5. It show new dialog with message "Printing Now" (For many long time)
    6. The PC is hank
    ** Some of our client sites could print after wait for 15 mins - 40 mins (only 1 page)
    ***Some of our client sites never print from the application coz it's always hank

We're trying to solve problem by using Reporting Services 2005 but It's still the same problem with the same site.
    But when we're using printer icon on reporting service toolbar, we could print all, both reporting service 2000 and reporting service 2005. We also check the coding on our print buttonm but it's the same as printer icon on reporting service toolbar.

On the problem site, all of pcs couldn't print.
    On the good site, all of pcs could print.

If the problem is comefrom network of system, how can i check about that? Or if you have any suggesting, please let me know.

Thank you for everyone kindness

Best Regards,
    KhunJeab

Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:47 AM

Answers

• Hi KhunJeab,

I would suggest you look into the reporting serivces/window log, and then troubleshoot this problem according to the clue from them.

thanks,
    Jerry

• Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:59 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 7:51 AM