Making a Database program for school, I need some help to get start it... RRS feed

• Question

• So i am competing in Programming stuff, or they called it Desktop Application Programming. I need to do this because 1. I am interested in this. 2. Go to a good college. 3. I might go to State Competition of National Competition(held in Texas. I live in GA). ( I DONT WANT YOU TO MAKE THIS FOR ME, I JUST NEED SUGGESTIONS AND SAMPLE(S))

( Keep that in mind, i learn vb.net for almost half an year, dont know how to do the data base yet)

LET ME TELL YOU THE BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM:

Your school has a lending library with resources to assist students with preparing for student organization competitive events and career related projects. You have been contacted to created an application that keeps track of the items in the lending library. Types of items in the library include, but are not limited to, books, magazines, DVDs, and CDs. For this program, you will create four comma separated data files as described below. You must save your data ffiles as tesxt (.txt) files. You will need to choose appropriate data types to store and manipulate your data whiles running the program.

TYPES OF ITEMS IN THE LIBRARY: BOOKS, MAGAZINES, DVDS, CDS. FOR THIS program you will create four comma separated data files as described below. You must save your data failes as tesxt ( .txt) files. A data file called TYPES. You need first name, last name, email, phone, street addrress, city, state, and zip code. Item number ( populated form the library.) PATRON NUMBER ( puplated from the PATRONS data file. ALL ITEMS CHECKED OUT SORTED BY DATE DUE, AND WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PRINT THEM WHILE VIEWING. ( easy part~~ )

thanks for your time!

Rich
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 10:23 PM

Answers

All replies