none
Error "aTableTableAdapter" is not a member of "App.aDataSetTalbeAdapters.TableAdapterManager" after adding new columns to DataTable using designer view of xsd file RRS feed

• Question

• Ex error: 'FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter' is not a member of 'GestStoc.dsGestStocDataSetTableAdapters.TableAdapterManager'. In MDIStart.Designer.vb 

I get this kind of errors everytime I edit the DataSet that is used in the specified form.
    By editing I mean that I add new columns from other tables in the database, change queries and relations.

Is there anyway that I can access the form,MDIStart in this case, so that I can regenerate the designer file for the TableAdapter?
    I must say that I didn't remove or renamed any DataTables or TableAdapters in the DataSet before getting this error.

I code in VB using VS 2010.
    P.s. This is my first post on MSDN.

• Edited by mike2211 Thursday, July 22, 2010 2:27 PM
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi mike,

How did you instantiate the TableAdapterManager, by draging table from the server explorer to the form ? If so, please check whether the FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter property of the TableAdapterManager is properly set in the properties panel of TableAdapterManager  in designer. It seems that the Designer.vb file is modified involuntarily and set "Me.TableAdapterManager.FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter = Nothing",  which I think should be "Me.TableAdapterManager.FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter = Me.FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter", you can try to correct it and try again.

Best regards,
    Alex Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:53 AM

All replies

• One more thing, I can't access the form MDIStart because of this error:

The designer cannot process the code at line 275: Me.TableAdapterManager.FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter = Nothing The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.

I didn't edit the designer file manually.

Thank you for your help!

Thursday, July 22, 2010 2:18 PM
  • Hi mike,

How did you instantiate the TableAdapterManager, by draging table from the server explorer to the form ? If so, please check whether the FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter property of the TableAdapterManager is properly set in the properties panel of TableAdapterManager  in designer. It seems that the Designer.vb file is modified involuntarily and set "Me.TableAdapterManager.FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter = Nothing",  which I think should be "Me.TableAdapterManager.FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter = Me.FacturiPrimitePozitiiTableAdapter", you can try to correct it and try again.

Best regards,
    Alex Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 11:53 AM