none
Command Line options RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to VC++. I want to port the C++ program i built and run using gcc compiler in cygwin. I built an empty console application project in VC++ and added my source file. It build successfully as well.

My problem is that I need to pass arguments at the command line and I dont know how to do that using the VC++ compiler. Any ideas?

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:17 PM

Answers

• Your int main method should receive an array, which will contain the command line arguments.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:22 PM
  •  rahulpuri wrote:

Hi,

I am new to VC++. I want to port the C++ program i built and run using gcc compiler in cygwin. I built an empty console application project in VC++ and added my source file. It build successfully as well.

My problem is that I need to pass arguments at the command line and I dont know how to do that using the VC++ compiler. Any ideas?

The Project  Properties - Configuration Properties - Debugging options has a Command Arguments setting.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:23 PM

All replies

• Your int main method should receive an array, which will contain the command line arguments.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:22 PM
  •  rahulpuri wrote:

Hi,

The Project  Properties - Configuration Properties - Debugging options has a Command Arguments setting.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:23 PM
  •  Nishant Sivakumar wrote:
     rahulpuri wrote:

Hi,

thanks a million! got it running.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:44 PM