none
Is there anybody out there? Hello SQL DataSync team RRS feed

• Question

• I really need to know if this is going to be a viable product. The last question posted here was in August and nobody has replied to that. You blogs last entry was 8 months ago.

I have been using Azure DataSync for some time. However now accessing the logs is completely unreliable and I have a warning message on the remote agent that I can't get details on. Also I can't seem to be able to refresh the schema on the Azure side database.

Why on earth it should be impossible to remove a sync agent that no longer exists is beyond me. Can someone explain?

This is a potentially great product, but it does need rounding off and making the management tools more useful and reliable.

Can someone at Microsoft have the courtesy of disseminating some up-to-date information on this product please.

CTO of Hard Medium Soft Ltd. and Independent Developer

Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Nicholas, sorry to hear about the management portal problems you have experienced with SQL Data Sync.  I see you posted your subscription ID and sync group ID on the other thread about error log not showing.  This is a known issue and we will address it in one of our upcoming service updates.

The product team remains committed to continue the investment in SQL Data Sync to make it more robust, performant, and usable.  Before we GA this feature, forum is the primary support channel for SQL Data Sync.  Please continue to raise comments and suggestions through this forum!  We are listening, and your feedback can help us make the product better over time.

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Nicholas, sorry to hear about the management portal problems you have experienced with SQL Data Sync.  I see you posted your subscription ID and sync group ID on the other thread about error log not showing.  This is a known issue and we will address it in one of our upcoming service updates.

The product team remains committed to continue the investment in SQL Data Sync to make it more robust, performant, and usable.  Before we GA this feature, forum is the primary support channel for SQL Data Sync.  Please continue to raise comments and suggestions through this forum!  We are listening, and your feedback can help us make the product better over time.

Monday, September 16, 2013 3:46 AM
  • Glad to hear that as it's a great product and it would be a pain to redevelop round these issues.

When are you expecting to do the next update and will we finally be able to remove dead sync agents.

It would also be extremely useful to get more detailed information on what's happening with the syncing and more detailed information on how the whole thing hangs to together.

Cheers

Nicholas

CTO of Hard Medium Soft Ltd. and Independent Developer

Monday, September 16, 2013 7:31 PM
  • Hi Nicholas, we will give an update when we have dates figured for the next service update.

I hear you.  Reporting on sync progress is indeed another frequent feedback we hear from the customers.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:49 AM