none
Wireless drivers on Windows Embedded Compact 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I already asked about Wireless drivers on Windows Embedded Compact 7 on previous question: 'Wireless drivers on WinCE700'.

0 ) Threre I managed to answer myself that there is a Silverligt based Wi-Fi GUI configuration tool (part of new ctlpnl2.exe) that seems to replace the NetUI screen we were using up to now in WinCE600 and previous.

1) What about headless systems? wzctool.exe is no longer at C:\WINCE700\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\NETSAMP.

Just to try.... I copied wzctool.exe and wzcsapi.dll from a WinCE600 environment to a WinCE700 device with a wireless interface.... a 'wzctool -q' query is answered with 'WZCQueryInterfaceEx() error 0x00000002'

Is there any tool an end user could use to connect to a network. If not, any clue on which API to use? wzcapi.lib seems to be not there also.

2) When I use the new GUI tool and successfully manage to connect to a network, I see some configuration files are created at \\windows\Wlan\CommonAppData ...

Although I have persistent registry, that folder is not persistent when using FSRAMROM (the defaul FS we provide in our products)... so the preferred networks are lost after reset or Power off-on.

Is there any registry entry to modify the path where that configuration files are stored so I can make them persistent? I've look in all *.reg files without success.

I have managed to solve the problem by using FSROMONLY filesystem, so windows directory is persistent, but I'd like to have it working with FSRAMROM also.

Regards, Héctor Bujanda @ Digi

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 11:58 AM

All replies

• wzctool (and wzcsapi) are no longer there in WEC7 because the WZC service is no longer used. You have to use the Native WiFi API.

The Wifi ctrl panel (%_WINCEROOT%\public\wceshellfe\oak\CtlPnl2\XmlCpls\WiFi) can be used as a reference sample for those functions

Luca Calligaris lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com Check my blog: http://lcalligaris.wordpress.com
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 12:46 PM
  • Thanks Luca,

I've also found a command line app that could help for my question 1 at: c:\WinCE700\public\sdk\samples\cpp\Win32\WlanApi

Buji

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:14 PM
  • Sorry for digging up an old question, but for others that are asking this same question... what happened to WZC?  And here is a specific answer to your question for others benefit.

It has been replaced, use the wlanapi now, and the corresponding tool is wlantool but it seems to be in the wrong spot in the source tree.  Find it in the servers samples...

D:\WINCE700\public\servers\oak\samples\wlantool

LM
    Friday, July 22, 2011 9:20 PM