Fiddler shows Visual Studio is spamming me to death again and "Browser Link" is NOT enabled, please help RRS feed

• Question

• User-1851576699 posted

All these requests are going out milliseconds apart when I start debugging in Visual Studio Community.

A picture is worth a thousand words, can somebody please tell me how to stop this without stopping the debugger?

EDIT: I used the "Filters" ->"Use Filters" option in Fiddler to get my sanity back but this only hides the issue. How can I fix it?

Monday, October 24, 2016 8:00 AM

Answers

• User-821857111 posted

See this answer on Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/a/34186109/134725

In case it moves (and SO doesn't like link-only answers either) here's the essential text:

These requests seem to come from the Diagnostic Tools window which runs when debugging. Seems as though they provide the monitoring information for Memory Usage and CPU Usage.

You can stop the requests if you don't care to see the usage information by disabling Memory/CPU monitoring in the Diagnostic Tools dialog box.

• Open the Diagnostic Tools window (Debug -> Show Diagnostic Tools)
    • Click the "Select Tools" drop-down and un-check Memory Usage and CPU Usage.
    • Stop debugging and next time you start debugging you should no longer see the requests being made to vshub

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 4:01 PM

All replies

• User-821857111 posted

See this answer on Stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/a/34186109/134725

In case it moves (and SO doesn't like link-only answers either) here's the essential text:

These requests seem to come from the Diagnostic Tools window which runs when debugging. Seems as though they provide the monitoring information for Memory Usage and CPU Usage.

You can stop the requests if you don't care to see the usage information by disabling Memory/CPU monitoring in the Diagnostic Tools dialog box.

• Open the Diagnostic Tools window (Debug -> Show Diagnostic Tools)
    • Click the "Select Tools" drop-down and un-check Memory Usage and CPU Usage.
    • Stop debugging and next time you start debugging you should no longer see the requests being made to vshub

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 4:01 PM
  • User-1851576699 posted

Strange. The answer you quoted didn't work for me as there is no "Show Diagnostic Tools" from my "Debug" menu. The 3rd answer in the SO post worked for me.

Always helpful, thanks Mike.

Monday, October 24, 2016 5:48 PM