none
how to turn audio file to text and save it and return it into audio file RRS feed

• Question

• how to turn an audio file like . wav into text file and then save it and then turn it back into wav file without missing the audio file ??? why there are letters that gone when i turn it into text and then save it and how to avoid that plz help 

is it something like font that is missed on the windows ? i need that to send like sound as a text from program to another 

sorry for my bad english grammer lol

and thanks for help :D 

Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:19 AM

All replies

• A WAV file is not a text file, but a binary file (RIFF)

See for example Intro to Audio Programming, Part 2: Demystifying the WAV Format

Saturday, October 6, 2018 11:26 AM
  •  Perhaps if you explained a little more about the whole process,  we could suggest some different and maybe better routes to take.  For example,  are you converting the audio to a string in program 1,  then sending the string to program 2,  and then converting the string back to audio again in program 2?   Is the other program one of your applications?   Is there a special reason you are converting the audio to a string and then back again?

I ask because,  if the other program is one of your applications,  then you could just use a form of Interprocess Communication to send the bytes of the audio file to the second application/program without any conversions to-and-from audio and Strings.

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Saturday, October 6, 2018 9:02 PM