SharePoint 2007 Workflow link broken from list item RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I have a SharePoint 2007 custom workflow running on a SharePoint custom List.
    The workflow runs OK without any issues.
    Th problem is that after a few days (like one to 2 months) the workflow association of the list items somehow dissapears for those list items that have "Completed" the workflow . i.e. In the list view I can't see that there was a workflow run on this item (see image below image).
    All associated Tasks for that workflow are also deleted from the Tasks list (offcourse along with the History information).
    So basically I don't have any proof that this item was approved using a workflow.

Note:All the items that having running workflows (i.e "In Progress") have the workflow association in tact. The workflow link is broken only for those  items that have "completed" the workflow

What could be the reason for this behaviour ?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Did you make changes to the old workflow and deployed the workflow again? I mean did you associate the workflow to the list again with or without making any changes? If you did then all details related to old veriosn of workflow disappers as is your case.
    Shubham Goyal
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:19 PM
  • Hi Shubham,

I have not deployed any new version o fthe workflow nor re-assigned the workflow to the list.

YAK
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:48 AM
  • Just read about it and came to know that by default it is done in 60 days.

Check this article

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc298800(office.12).aspx

Shubham Goyal
    • Marked as answer by YasirKazi Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:15 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:08 AM
  • Wow !! Thats explains the disappearing workflow. But I must confess that is a very weird way of cleaning the workflow items. (specially that it is enabled by default and there doesnt seeem to be a way of increasing the number of days that the worklfow items should be retained for)

anyways I have disabled it now.

Thanks a lot Shubham. This was great help. Couldnt have ever guessed that SP itself was the culprit :)

YAK
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:12 AM