none
Starting Bing Maps development RRS feed

• Question

• I want to do some C# programing.  The application could be used on smartphones, and tablets, and possibly some parts of it on a desktop (windows probably).  Basically I want to do some surveying, start at point A, mark the spot, go to point B, mark the spot, (and give me the exact geo location of every spot I mark, etc.)  I know that I can develop in Visual Studio on my desktop.  I am not sure of the platform that I need for testing the application (besides some possible virtual devices).  What kind of hardware should I be using for this (it would be nice if the one piece of hardware could be used to develop and actually test\run the application, but that is not a definite requirement).  I think that I need a device with a sim(?) card.  It would be nice to be able to run on different smartphone device operating systems (mono or Xamarin ?). Do I want to learn spatial, rest ?  Are the books, “Microsoft Mapping: Geospatial Development with Bing Maps and C#”, or, “Learning Bing Maps API”, helpful for someone just starting out with this?

I am not expecting anyone to have all the answers to all my questions.  Any information, pointers to books, websites, courses, hardware recommendations,etc. , will be appreciated.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:16 PM

Answers