none
The VSTO code doesn't run anything after addin is selected in excel RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a VSTO Excel addin(myAddin) using C#.net.I have the Excel Addin( myAddin) loaded in excel -> addins menu and works fine in my machine.

I have shared the Setup file and installer package file to Users. For some users it runs the code after selecting the addin and works fine without any issues. For some users after selecting the addin it does nothing.It even didnt raise any exception.

when the addin is selected then a windows form will be loaded.When user clicks on the button "Submit" on this form a method CreateWorkITems () from the ThisAddin.cs file will be called.When this method is called it automatically calls ThisAddIn_Startup().This call didnt happen to the users where it failed to run the code.

Any suggestions ?

• Edited by Krrrishna Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:13 PM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Krrrishna,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please create a simple project to reproduce your issue and show the main snippet for me for further research?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, August 31, 2012 4:46 AM
  • Hi Tom

Thanks for your reply.When i compiled the same code in those machines where my application is not wroking i found two issues.One is some of  the methods i have called in the code are obsolete and another reason is some machines doesn't have Visual studio SP1.

I have removed the obsolete methods and its working fine in some machines now.

Only very users are not able to use my application now .They are those doesn't have Visual studio sp1 in their machines and but theyhave  .Net framewrok installed in machine.How can this depend on Visual studio and why cant it work with just framework?

FYI: i was connecting to Team Foundation Server in this VSTO code.

• Edited by Krrrishna Sunday, September 2, 2012 1:21 PM
    Sunday, September 2, 2012 1:20 PM
  • Hi krrrishna,

I think you need add the prerequisite into your click once package. If you don't know how to add a customized prerequisite please take a look at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165429(v=vs.100).aspx

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Monday, September 3, 2012 7:03 AM
  • Hi krrrishna,

I will close this thread, please feel free to unmark it if you feel it can't help you.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, September 7, 2012 7:21 AM