none
Record Center Content Organizer Rule grabs wrong column info for Target Location destination RRS feed

• Question

• I have a content type setup for my record library where we will be storing contracts.  One of the columns is based on a site list that is simply the Contract Type:

• Banking
    • Customer
    • Employee
    • Vendor
    • ......etc

When someone uploads the contract and fills in the required drop lists where one of the drop lists is the "Contract Type" I want it to route to the appropriate folder.  I setup my Content Organizer Rule so that:

• The target location will be the appropriate record library
    • Enable the feature "<label for="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_targetLocationSection_ctl04_createFoldersCheckBox">Automatically create a folder for each unique value of a property"</label>
    • <label for="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_targetLocationSection_ctl04_createFoldersCheckBox">Based the folder naming on "Contract Type".  </label>
    • <label for="ctl00_PlaceHolderMain_targetLocationSection_ctl04_createFoldersCheckBox">Specified the folder name be "</label>%2"  "will be replaced with the unique value for the property"

I should be getting folders with the names "Banking", "Customer", "Employee"..... but instead the folders are being created with the ID number of the item in the list selected plus a comma.  So my folder names are "1," 2," "3,"

In the list, the default view for the site column that this list is based on I have it set to show the single column of the value only.

How can I get it so the folder names are created with the right text?

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 2:42 PM

Answers