none
Report Viewer in Local Mode, Datasets and Filtering RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have developed a 'standard' SSRS report which utilises two datasets and several sets of data returned by custom web services and queries.  I am trying to demonstrate similar functionality using the Report Viewer in local mode but, so far, I have failed at the first hurdle.

I wish to employ a report parameter to 'filter' the rows returned in the dataset which currently contains only 1 table.  I have created a Report parameter to be used in a 'where' clause or somesuch.

Where/how do I implement the 'filter'?  I assume I also need to implement some refresh/rendering code as the result of a button click in the current test environmet to imitate a call from the parent application in the final solution?

Cheers

AndyF.

Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Andy,

For local report, you cannot filter the dataset with parameters in it. You need to filter the dataset in your application and then rebind it to your report. If you are using a BindingSource object as the data source, you can read this article for more information, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brianhartman/archive/2009/01/22/why-is-reportviewer-ignoring-bindingsource-operations.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    • Marked as answer by AndyF._ Friday, August 20, 2010 9:41 AM
    Friday, August 20, 2010 9:25 AM
  • Hi Charles

thanks for the pointer. 

I am currently working on this, and having realised I needed to 'go back to basics', I am adding 'FillByID' type functions on the appropriate table adapters in my dataset and filling the dataset 'manually' so to speak. 

Cheers

AndyF.

Friday, August 20, 2010 9:41 AM