none
I'm unable to save my source code in SmallBasic 2.0, why? RRS feed

• Question

•  I am running Windows 10 and SmallBasic 2.0.

When I have finished my source code and choose save or save as  I get a box that has

.smallbasic as the extension instead of .sb and when I select save the response is file not found.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Monday, August 20, 2018 9:25 PM

Answers

• I think I solved the problem.

When I disabled Windows Defender the antivirus program I was able to save my file. I think this means that I need to add SmallBasic to the exception list for apps, or something like that. I will need to experiment further.

iLIKEbAsIc

• Marked as answer by ilikebasic Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:10 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:10 AM

All replies

• Let's try something easy. In the IDE type in:

Textwindow.writeline("Here") 'That's a test program

Then click on "save as" icon at the top. This will open up a window that shows that .smallbasic is the extension type. That is fine. It will be saved as .sb. Above "save as type" is filename. Type in "Here". Then at the lower right of the screen click on "save". Now go back to the IDE in small basic. Right up above the test program you should see "here.sb - and the full path of where you just wrote that file. 

JR

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 12:33 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the reply. But unfortunately I can't save the program. What I don't understand is why do I get a response from either windows or SmallBasic that the file has not been found!

Is this some type of configuration problem? e.g. permissions or extensions? I had Visual Studio installed and this problem was present and was still present after removing VS. Perhaps some remenants are messing up the registry. 

Finally, something new I found out is I can load .sb files into the editor but when I run the file I get an error from SmallBasic saying: Access is denied Exception from HRESULT: 0X80070005(E_ACCESSDENIED). Obviously, something is preventing me from using SmallBasic. I'm thinking maybe virus scanner or something else. 

Anyone have any ideas?

iLIKEbAsIc

Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:40 AM
  • I think I solved the problem.

When I disabled Windows Defender the antivirus program I was able to save my file. I think this means that I need to add SmallBasic to the exception list for apps, or something like that. I will need to experiment further.

iLIKEbAsIc

• Marked as answer by ilikebasic Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:10 AM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2018 3:10 AM