Create a calendar appointment when field changed in contact RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am creating a custom page on a contact form which contains various expiry dates for services I offer

I would like to code using VBA so that when I change a date in a user-defined field on a contact form i.e. "renewal date", it then automatically adds a calendar appointment for the chosen date with the contacts name appended

e.g. if I have a contact called John Smith and I change the value of the renewal date field on his contact to say 31/11/13, it then adds an all-day calendar appointment for the 31/11/13 which says "renewal date - john smith"

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

Darren Rose

Friday, October 18, 2013 3:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I think you want a VBScript to add a textbox value change event in the custom contact form. In the event it should add an all-day calendar appointment for the changed date.

However, I cannot find such event of Textbox in a custom form to be triggered when the value of a specify textbox changes in Outlook.

When you use a custom form, Outlook supports the Click event for controls. It could also respond to changes of Outlook properties such as "Subject", "Categories". But it cannot respond to the change of a control field. For a workaround, I will suggest you to use a click event of a button to achieve your goal.

Here is a link about how to create an Appointment on the Calendar with VBA for your reference.
    How to: Create an Appointment as a Meeting on the Calendar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 21, 2013 9:55 AM
  • The field on the custom contact form will be a date-picker control (and related user defined field to store the date)

So when the property changes i.e. the date is changed it then creates a calendar appointment on that date and appends it with the contacts name

Darren Rose

Monday, October 21, 2013 11:24 AM