none
Dax for calculatinf rolling sum

Question

• Hi,

i have a date with datekey,mm/dd/yyyy,fulldate,yyyy-mm(fk) in my date dimension and month dimension with Monthkey,yyyy-mm(pk),MonthNAme,MonthNum,Qtr,Year

yyyy-mm is varchar

I want to calculate 3month rolling sum .Pls let me know how to achieve this

Friday, May 4, 2018 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi msdnpublic1234,

Thanks for your question.

It is pretty hard to answer this without sample data. To solve your question more efficiently, would you mind typing out 5-10 rows of example data for these table, then showing what results you are expecting based on those sample data? It is much better if you can share the EXCEL work book. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

To calculating rolling sum, please refer to below similar thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Rolling-Sum-Calculation/m-p/130228

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 7, 2018 3:11 AM
  • Willson,

I have attached the sample data,pls help.

Monday, May 7, 2018 1:21 PM
  • Hi msdnpublic1234,

Thanks for sharing the sample data.

what results you are expecting based on those sample data?

One more thing, from your original question, you have date dimension and month dimension, how did you connect them the your sample data?

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 1:41 AM
  • Hi msdnpublic1234,

I am writing to follow up with you on this post. I found you have solved this issue in another post below:

rolling sum in dax grouped by specific column

To close this thread, please kindly mark the helpful replies as answers. By doing so, it will benefit all community members who are facing this similar issues. Your contribution is highly appreciated.

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 5:30 AM