Microsoft IoT Store for the Raspberry Pi RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any timetable for the creation of the IoT side of the Microsoft store (as currently it is impossible to distribute compiled applications for the Raspberry Pi 2)?

Until it arrives, how is it possible to distribute such applications for a Raspberry Pi.

What certificate(s) can be used to certify the appx in such a scenario?

Please don't say that the development certificates will have to 'fill in'!

Monday, September 7, 2015 9:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Maybe I'm wong, but I don't think that there will be a store anyways.

I think, that IoT is meant to be shipped directly as a bundle of hardware and software (OEM).

Kind regards, Toby 

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Monday, September 7, 2015 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe I'm wong, but I don't think that there will be a store anyways.

I think, that IoT is meant to be shipped directly as a bundle of hardware and software (OEM).

Kind regards, Toby 

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Monday, September 7, 2015 11:48 AM
  • https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/en-US/training-courses/a-developer-s-guide-to-windows-10-12618

Andy Wigley seems to indicate that it will be coming soon(ish) in the Store Video.

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Windows/Developers-Guide-to-Windows-10-RTM/Submitting-your-app-to-the-Store
    • Edited by riclh Monday, September 7, 2015 12:57 PM
    Monday, September 7, 2015 12:56 PM
  • Hi,

do they say mention especially the IoT Version of Windows 10?

Kind regards, Toby

Monday, September 7, 2015 5:45 PM
  • Yes. Andy mentions it is coming, but is careful not to say when. The series even started with a demo on a Raspberry.
    Monday, September 7, 2015 5:58 PM
  • Ah okay. Thanks for the information!

Monday, September 7, 2015 6:00 PM
  • Hi Riclh,

I know I am resurrecting a fairly old thread here but the topic is quite valid and Tobias' answer leads directly into what is coming for this scenario.  Putting aside the traditional Multi-purpose device with a multiple application store, think about the Single Purpose IoT Devices you see in the world today and note that they come pre-loaded with the core application and then update as needed. This is the basic model you can contemplate when considering an IoT device and it's life cycle. There will be more info coming soon but I thought you might like to check out the following:

"As a first major step in addressing the documentation requests on IoTCore Product creation, we have now published  IoT Core Manufacturing Guide. This MSDN documentation addresses the OEM workflow on creating own packages and including them in their custom FFU.

This documentation is based on the IoT ADK AddonKit available in the Github."

Please do not hesitate to give feedback directly through Github.

UPDATE: Please also review the docs relating to the Store at https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/store

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 7:30 PM