MY APPS ARE NOT BEING CERTIFIED SINCE APP STUDIO UPDATE!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Please ever since the app studio update last two weeks, my apps made with app studio are not being certified on the windows store. please i have had a lot of problem and error with this updated app studio, please i would like to downgrade to the former app studio,else i wont be able to make apps for windows again, this update has damaged this very good tool... PLEASE I WANT THE OLD VERSION BACK!!!!!

I simple added admob and some websites with virtual back button, which i have been doing with the former app studio...

better days ahead...........G

• Edited by Grema8029 Monday, March 3, 2014 9:32 PM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 8:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

To investigate your issue we need a bit more information, could you please send us the appID (in the url of your app in Windows Phone App Studio) for the app in which you are experiencing this problem?

Thank you for using Windows Phone App Studio.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 8:33 AM
  • Please kindly take a look at my edited app from app studio, i simply added Admob sdk and some websites, which i normally do with the previous version of app studio and they get certified within a day, but since this new update, none has been certified, they tell me that my app closes unexpectedly, this does not happen on my device when i deploy andtest on my Nokia 520, so i do not know why the dev team experiences the error, please kindly take a look and tell me what this news app studio is missing.

DOwnlaod XAP here

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Hello,

The problem is that the appbar icons can’t be seen. Please try changing the appbar’s background color in order to let the icons been seen with the two device themes - light and dark.

I hope this helps you.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:54 AM
  • HI THANKS MODERATOR,I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP, YES THATS FOR THE CONTENT VALIDATION ERROR, THE MAIN ERROR THAT I GET WITH OTHER APPS MADE WITH NEW APP STUDIO IS BELOW

FROM DEV TEAM, ERROR DETAILS

"Requirements
    The app must handle exceptions raised by the any of the managed or native System API and not close unexpectedly. During the
    certification process, the app is monitored for unexpected closure. An app that closes unexpectedly fails certification. The app must
    continue to run and remain responsive to user input after the exception is handled.
    Tip:

A Windows Phone 7 or 8 application may run flawlessly during development and testing, but after submitting it for certification testing,
    the application may crash or perform unexpectedly. Along these same lines, your application may not perform as expected after
    publication. This resource, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2859130, explains the most common reasons for this along with remedies.

Expected Result
    1. Launch your app.
    2. Navigate throughout the app, and then close the app.
    3. Verify that unexpected behavior does not occur during the closing process.
    4. Verify that the app remains responsive to user input and user interaction following an app error.

© 2014 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved Page 1
    Comments: Result: Fail

The application terminates unexpectedly in response to user input.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Play music on the device from the Music + Videos Hub.
    2. Launch the application.
    3. Press the device's universal volume control.
    4. Select "Pause" from the device's universal volume control.
    5. Notice the application unexpectedly terminates.

ANOTHER APP MADE WITH NEW APP STUDIO HAVING SAME ERROR AFTER MODIFICATION : DOWNLOAD XAP

ANOTHER APP MADE WITH OLD APP STUDIO CERTIFIED WITH SAME MODIFICATION : DOWNLOAD XAP2

PLEASE LOOK INTO THE TWO AND HELP ME FIX WHATS LACKING IN THE NEW APP STUDIO MODIFICATION...

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:12 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We will register this bug and resolve it as soon as possible.
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 11:51 AM
  • Hello,

We have been investigating your issue, and it is a bug in the Google AdMob SDK that you are using. At the following link, you can see information about this.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/vw61ZdJALYo

I hope this helps you.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:53 PM
  • OK THANKS ALOT SUPPORT TEAM, I COULDNT HAVE GUESS THAT IT WAS CAUSED BY ADMOB SDK BECOS MY PREVIOUS APPS WERE CERTIFIED WITH ADMOB SDK, I WAS THINKING IT WAS THE WEBPAGES, (BUT PLEASE I MAKE A REQUEST THAT YOU ADD WEBSITES SECTION TO APP STUDIO)  OK SO I WILL TRY THE WORKAROUND AND SEE IF IT WILL GET APPROVED BY DEV TEAM AND GET BACK TO YOU... THANKS ALOT

• Edited by Grema8029 Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 4:27 PM
  • Hello,

Thank for your feedback, we are constantly working to improve. You can submit your ideas and vote for the next features at the following link:

http://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/216486

Thank you for using Windows Phone App Studio.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 5:29 PM
  • ok thanks i will do so

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:32 PM
  • thanks alot  i did the workaround in that forum and my apps having admob sdk are being approved quickly now.. thanks alot for helping. see fix below that worked for my windows apps studio apps having admob..

simply go to Apps.xaml.cs in visual studio and scroll to" Application_UnhandledException"  remove whats under it and place it like this below. and thats should stop the app closing unexpectedly.

private void Application_UnhandledException(object sender, ApplicationUnhandledExceptionEventArgs e)
    {
    	if (System.Diagnostics.Debugger.IsAttached)
    	{
    		// An unhandled exception has occurred; break into the debugger
    		System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break();
    	}
    	if (e.ExceptionObject == null || e.ExceptionObject.Message == null)
    		return;

String ex = e.ExceptionObject.ToString().ToLower();
    	if (ex.Contains("frameworkdispatcher.update")
    	{
    		//Stops the app from force closing
    		//everything should continue to work without a problem
    		e.Handled = true;
    	}
    	else
    	{
    	}

}

Saturday, March 8, 2014 7:49 PM