none
In a queue for a week for Azure Files preview...

General discussion

• Hi,

I signed up to the Azure Files preview over a week ago and I am still in a queue.  Is this normal?

thanks,

Greg

Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Greg,

I guess you have not enabled this feature in your subscription.

Please open this page (http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/preview/ ) and find the 'Azure Files'. Using you Service Administrator account to login and enable it.

Please try it.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:47 AM
  • Apologies if I wasn't clear.  I already did that.  A week ago.

That's what I meant by "I signed up".

Thursday, May 22, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Same here, it would be very nice to get this feature - be good to get an idea of what sort of timeframe we're talking about... 
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 9:24 AM
  • We are slowly opening up access, but based on the very high demand the wait may be awhile.   You will receive email once your access is approved.
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:52 PM
  • I opened a support ticket and was told it could be up to 14 days.

I think Azure is great, but some method of seeing an estimated queue length would be good.  If only to set expectations.  I thought it would be a few hours, rather than weeks.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 11:23 PM
  • 19 days now.... still heard nothing.
    Sunday, June 1, 2014 10:31 PM
  • Same here, we really need to test this in near future for a cutting edge deadline :-)

I already received the activation e-mail, but the function is not available in the storage options.

Any advice what to do?

• Edited by GoSmart-FIT Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:42 AM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 7:42 AM
  • It's been over a month for me now... Still nothing.
    Monday, November 3, 2014 6:10 PM