MSDN Librrary (DVD uninstalled by MSDN Library for visual studio 2008 (DVD).

Question

• 11 1 12

When Visual Studio 2008 came out. The installer for the "MSDN Library for visual studio 2008 (DVD)" would

uninstall the  purcahsed  "MSDN Librrary (DVD)" and that was that. No more MSDN Library.

Has thiis problem resolved???   If so, please let me know where I can finf the information.

I have a many years of the MSDN Library.  I don't know what "<link keywords="VSCC_Collection_Manager" tabIndex="0" />

<link keywords="VSCC_Collection_Manager" tabIndex="0" />

Michael vallino

Sunday, November 11, 2012 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please describe your error in detail.

What do you mean of "The installer for the "MSDN Library for visual studio 2008 (DVD)" would

uninstall the  purcahsed  "MSDN Librrary (DVD)" "

MSDN library installer can install/uninstall MSDN library. It is a standalone installer in VS2008.

Was there anything wrong? Where and when did you find the following words:

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, November 12, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Any updates?

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:14 AM
  • 12-10-12

Hi

At one point in time their was a product called "MSDN Library".  The content was similar to MSDN Library webpage(Long ago, it had Shelves with books GUI).  When I shelled out $2,500 on a MSDN subscription, I was expecting the "MSDN Library".  One of the discs was labeled as such. When I installed the "MSDN Library for Visual Studio" the  "MSDN Library" disappeared.

There was caviot mentioned in the  "MSDN Library for Visual Studio"  read me.

I now think that both discs were  "MSDN Library for Visual Studio" , one being a service pack update, and the  "MSDN Library"  was not included as such.

So I need to back track and verify that both the  "MSDN Library"  and  "MSDN Library for Visual Studio" were included.  The problem remains where is my issue of the "MSDN Library"?

Thanks for your time.  I will put my question on hold.

Just for reference, I was able to install "MSDN Library - October 2001", "MSDN Library - July 2005",  "MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005",  "MSDN Library - January 2006".  TODAY SIDE BY side with no apparent ill affects.

When "The Visual Studio Combined Help Collection" for the "MSDN Library for Visual Studio" ran, the unique help categories quadrupled.  Nothing was lost.  Initial testing looks good.

Michael vallino

Monday, December 10, 2012 7:51 AM