How to insert membership role in table? RRS feed

• Question

• User481677910 posted

Hi,

I would like to customer to insert membership role while submitting form for order.

How can  we insert membership role into table let's say table name is "order"

cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@role", Membership.GetUser(User.Identity.Name)

Kindly help thanks

Monday, October 28, 2019 7:03 PM

All replies

• User-943250815 posted

An user can be assigned to single or multiple roles. You can get all user roles with Roles.GetRolesForUser.
    Take a look here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.web.security.roles.getrolesforuser?view=netframework-4.8

Monday, October 28, 2019 8:34 PM
  • User-1780421697 posted
    try
        {
          string[] rolesArray = Roles.GetRolesForUser();
          //Get role and use it, i have selected the first role in array in example
    cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@role", rolesArray[0]); //OR you can use LINQ to find role in array what you looking for and select it } catch (HttpException e) { //Label Msg.Text = "There is no current logged on user. Role information cannot be retrieved."; return; }

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:14 AM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi new2world2015,

I would like to customer to insert membership role while submitting form for order.

According to your description, I couldn’t understand your requirement clearly.

what is insert membership role into table?

Do you want to add a value to the parameter of role in the table?

If this is your requirement, I suggest you could refer to this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.data.sqlclient.sqlparametercollection.addwithvalue?view=netframework-4.8

If I misunderstand your requirement, please post more details information about your requirement.

Best regards,

Sam

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 6:46 AM
  • User481677910 posted

Hi new2world2015,

new2world2015

According to your description, I couldn’t understand your requirement clearly.

what is insert membership role into table?

new2world2015

Do you want to add a value to the parameter of role in the table?

If this is your requirement, I suggest you could refer to this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.data.sqlclient.sqlparametercollection.addwithvalue?view=netframework-4.8

If I misunderstand your requirement, please post more details information about your requirement.

Best regards,

Sam

Let says I have a member who  has role as premium member  and he is submitting form in order table.

Now how can his role as premium member insert in order table.

I am using membership database.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 12:37 AM
  • User481677910 posted

Khuram.Shahzad

try
        {
          //Get role and use it, i have selected the first role in array in example
           cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@role", rolesArray[0]); //OR you can use LINQ to find role in array what you looking for and select it
        }
        catch (HttpException e)
        {
          //Label
          Msg.Text = "There is no current logged on user. Role information cannot be retrieved.";
          return;
        }

I will try this one and let you know Thanks

Thursday, October 31, 2019 2:34 AM
  • User288213138 posted

Hi new2world2015,

The GetRolesForUser() method is get a list of the roles that the currently logged-on user is in.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.web.security.roles.getrolesforuser?view=netframework-4.8#System_Web_Security_Roles_GetRolesForUser

If you have any question please let me know.

Best regards,

Sam 

Thursday, October 31, 2019 8:46 AM