OleDbException 0x80004005 Unrecognized database format RRS feed

• Question

• User1181196273 posted

I'm using access 2010 with expression web 4.  My host has asp.net 4.0 and using microsoft office data connectivity.  I also have both on my computer and I'm trying to get grid view to work and show data results on a page.

First let me explain that everything was working perfectly until I uploaded a newly updated database, and now I get the above error.  I can preview the connection on my computer and everything works fine.  I can access the database live through expression web and the database does not seem to be corrupt in any way.  I'm using the same connection as I did before and have not changed anything except the updated access database.

I do not believe it is anything on my end and I believe it is a issue on the hose side.  I'm really in a bind trying to make this work but I'm lost trying to narrow down the issue.

I hope I'm posting this in the correct forum and any help would be extremely appreciated.

Jeff

[OleDbException (0x80004005): Unrecognized database format 'd:\mobileimagery.com\CAM2.accdb'.]
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection) +337
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject) +86
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup) +31
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection) +76
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +126
    System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open() +43
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +123
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +319
    System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +92
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1618
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.AccessDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +76
    System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +21
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +143
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +74
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +66
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +75
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Saturday, November 6, 2010 11:13 PM

Answers

• User1181196273 posted

Thanks, but again I'm using access 2010 with an .accdb file name.  I did get it fixed.  There was nothing wrong with my code or my database.  The error was strickly that!  The database was not supported on my host.  We needed to install Microsoft Office Connectivity tools on the server.

Now all is fixed. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:42 PM

All replies

• User-1659704165 posted

Hi,

Have u tried using

Provider=Microsoft.Ace.OLEDB.12.0; Persist Security Info = False;" & _
    "Data Source=D://Your fileName.accdb;
    OR
    http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73927&page=1
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 2:58 AM
  • User1181196273 posted

I tried that this morning, and it did not work.  I have to wait to get the error from my host so I cannot tell yet if it is the same error or not.  I am working with Access 2010 also, not 2007.

Sunday, November 7, 2010 7:27 AM
  • User1181196273 posted

I just wanted to note, after trying the above connection string I could no longer preview the form correctly in expression web 4, giving a "cannot create control"error.  Remeber I can view the data results page perfectly using the preview page in expression web 4. This seems to be specifically a issue with Access 2010 or asp.net 4.0.

Sunday, November 7, 2010 8:05 AM
  • User-1659704165 posted

Seems some Tag is not ended properly.

Sunday, November 7, 2010 9:21 AM
  • User1867929564 posted

refer this

http://forums.asp.net/p/1617137/4145949.aspx#4145949 

Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:37 AM
  • User1181196273 posted

Thanks, but again I'm using access 2010 with an .accdb file name.  I did get it fixed.  There was nothing wrong with my code or my database.  The error was strickly that!  The database was not supported on my host.  We needed to install Microsoft Office Connectivity tools on the server.

Now all is fixed. 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:42 PM