Logic Apps RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking to create a publish subscribe pattern using Logic Apps. I have following two options, would like to have opinions on the best to use. Please also suggest anything other than the following is better in achieving this pattern.

Option 1: Use a Publisher Logic Apps which publish messages to service bus topics, configure subscriptions in Topics and subscriber Logic Apps from Topic. So it’s like LA(Publisher)àTopics—LA(Subscriber)

Option 2- Use a Publisher Logic Apps, where messages would be received. Create a subscriber Logic App which would get trigger based on the HTTP. On the publisher Logic Apps, create event grid subscriptions with filters and configure the subscriber Logic Apps’s URL as webhook URLs for different subscriptions in the web-hook. So it’s like LA(Publisher)àEvent-grid—LA(Subscriber)

Which is better and why. Having the queue in between or the event-grid. What are the disadvantages/advantages other these options?

Friday, September 20, 2019 7:50 AM

All replies

• Yes those are the two options I know of. Event Grid connects into lots of other Azure types and is better for rapid scalability.

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Friday, September 20, 2019 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

to answer your question:

Which is better and why. Having the queue in between or the event-grid. What are the disadvantages/advantages other these options?
     pls. read this:

Compare Event Grid, Event Hubs, and Service Bus

hth

Paul Endras |  ENDRAS IT CONSULTING

If this answers your question and is a helpful post, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/orMark As Answer.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:59 AM