none
Dynamic Fields RRS feed

All replies

• Does azure search supports dynamic fields like solr?

Hi Bikas, Azure Search does not support dynamic fields. However, you can add new fields to existing index schema anytime.
    Friday, September 21, 2018 12:13 AM
  • thanks Jacob, but this might not always work, what if my fields are not always same and are dynamically generated? That way I need to change schema every single time and worst what if I have 200 of these fields, it will be difficult to maintain schema too. We have similar use case: Consider scenario of modelling schema for products that are sold at multiple stores. So in such cases you might need multiple fields to model the store data. If child document support is not available. Secondly, It might be possible that a document might have 10-15 of such fields and another can have 100+
    Saturday, September 22, 2018 7:38 AM
  • thanks Jacob, but this might not always work, what if my fields are not always same and are dynamically generated? That way I need to change schema every single time and worst what if I have 200 of these fields, it will be difficult to maintain schema too. We have similar use case: Consider scenario of modelling schema for products that are sold at multiple stores. So in such cases you might need multiple fields to model the store data. If child document support is not available. Secondly, It might be possible that a document might have 10-15 of such fields and another can have 100+
    Hi Bikas. I understand the issue. Please submit the idea through user voice: https://feedback.azure.com/forums/263029-azure-search If it get traction we will consider implementing it.
    Friday, October 5, 2018 8:32 PM