POCFabricInstaller failed because the following tasks failed: xRPVM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Please could you help. I keep on getting the following error when Azure Stack is deploying the xRPVM virtual machine:

=======================================================================================================

Report-Progress : The Microsoft Azure Stack POC deployment failed.
    Start-PocFabricInstallerTasks : POCFabricInstaller failed because the
    following tasks failed: xRPVM

At C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AzureStack\Deployment\RunAzureStackDeploymentTask.p
    s1:158 char:19
    + ...        $result = & "Start-$moduleName`Tasks" -StatusUpdatedCallback {
    +                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep
       tion
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
       n,Start-PocFabricInstallerTasks

At C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AzureStack\Deployment\Get-AzureStackDeploymentStatus.ps1:107 char:15
    +     $Result = Report-Progress($status)
    +               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Report-Progress

=======================================================================================================

This is part of step 48 of 124. I've tried running the DeployAzureStack.ps1 a number of times as the AzureStack Domain administrator but the same error keeps coming up. When I observe it in Hyper-V manager, it keeps trying to create the xRPM virtual machine but then deletes it again and keeps going around in a circle until the above error comes up.

Checking the VM, as it is retained in Hyper-V manager after it gives the above error, I noticed that it hasn't created any VHDX files. Could this be the issue I wonder?

The other VM's up until step 48 are functioning fine from what I can see

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Neil
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 9:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Gabe,

Thank you for getting back to me. I managed to figure out what the issue was. It turns out that I didn't have enough CPU cores in the system I was using. I originally had four cores and the xRPM VM requires eight.

I managed to get another CPU installed to double it upto 12 and it now seems to be going through the remainder of the installation.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Neil

Friday, February 12, 2016 9:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Neil, Could you please provide the deployment logs collected by using our Invoke-DeploymentLogCollection.ps1. This script is located at <pocvhd>:\AzureStackInstaller\ where <pocvhd> is the driver letter assigned to a VHD that we mount during install. Please send me a note and I will set up an access point where you can upload the logs to.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 12:54 AM
  • Hi guys,

I have same problem on my lab. Deploy script cant deploy VM xRMVM.

There is collected logs {removed for privacy reasons}

Could you help me? Thanks

Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:28 PM
  • Hi funko22, Because the logs might contain PII, we are only allowed to work with specific shares approved by Microsoft for handling PII/sensitive data. If you are still encountering the issue, please send a note to ascustfeedbackatmicrosoftdotcom and we will set up a Microsoft share where you can upload the log files to. Thanks.
    Friday, February 12, 2016 12:57 AM
  • Hi Neil, Do you still need assistance with this issue?
    Friday, February 12, 2016 6:30 PM
  • Hi Gabe,

Thank you for getting back to me. I managed to figure out what the issue was. It turns out that I didn't have enough CPU cores in the system I was using. I originally had four cores and the xRPM VM requires eight.

I managed to get another CPU installed to double it upto 12 and it now seems to be going through the remainder of the installation.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Neil

Friday, February 12, 2016 9:20 PM
  • Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply. I am glad that is working for you now.

Gabe

Friday, February 12, 2016 9:29 PM