none
EDI 204-3050 Validate Instance Segment ID - H3 Data element too long RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am newbie to BizTalk EDI.

Trying to validate schema 3050-204 in visual studio solution for biztalk 2006 R2.

Error i get is Segment ID - H3 element 02 Data element too long. Value in that element is 32 characters long.

Base Data type of element is X12_AN (SimpleType)

I changed the max length to 2000 but it still give me error.

I tried to validate instance using different syntax identifier Basic, Extended, UTF8 still i get the error.

I also changed the EDI global property x12 character set to extended still iget error.

Please can someone help?

Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,
        Check the format of the file in which you saved it. Try to validate it again after saving your file in UTF-8 format.
    Check again that your are changing the length of same segment that is giving the problem.
    If it does not solve your problem. Please post your instance here. 

Thanks
    Gyan
    • Marked as answer by cruxkrish Friday, April 17, 2009 1:11 PM
    Friday, April 17, 2009 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,
        Check the format of the file in which you saved it. Try to validate it again after saving your file in UTF-8 format.
    Check again that your are changing the length of same segment that is giving the problem.
    If it does not solve your problem. Please post your instance here. 

Thanks
    Gyan
    • Marked as answer by cruxkrish Friday, April 17, 2009 1:11 PM
    Friday, April 17, 2009 2:38 AM
  • Gyan

Thank you very much for the reply.

So we have to let our trading partners know that all their files should be saved as UTF-8? What if they have other file formats?

Thank you once again.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 1:12 PM
  • Hi,
        If they are using some other file format then you can write a small program to convert it in UTF-8. But it will be good if they will send their files in UTF-8 format.

Thanks
    Gyan
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 8:46 AM