exchange 2003 to 2010 migration - can't remove old exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We migrated from exchange 2003 (on sbs 2003 box) to a exchange 2010 member server. Everything has been migrated, old public folder deleted, users moved, interorg connector deleted, etc..I used the procedure here; https://www.simple-talk.com/sysadmin/exchange/upgrade-exchange-2003-to-exchange-2010---part-ii/

while deleting a mailbox

Now the only thing left to do is to uninstall exchange 2003. I get to the point where it says I can't do that because there are still mailboxes on this server. Except of the 3 system mailboxes, I see a lot of mailboxes in there with a red X on them so something went wrong in the mailbox move requests that I don't understand. 1 thing for sure, everyone is pointing to the exchange 2010 and are functionnal (the exchange 2003 services we're manually stopped for a couple of weeks just to make sure that everything is fine).

If I try to purge any of the mailboxes, it gives me an error (c1041724); internal error occured...try to restart infostore and/or system manager services, look at the event logs, etc...(translated from french). Restarting services did nothing. Running cleanup agents does no change. I remember that we migrated to exchange 2010 because we we're starting to have all kinds of problems on the 2k3.

In the application event log, here is what I see that is relevant;

id 1203 msexchangeIS mailbox; error 0xfffffae7

Any ideas what I should do next? Thanks

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:12 PM