So I'm playing a game...

Question

• It's a full screen legacy windows game (meaning pre developer build) and every time I have to move the cursor left and then click, it drags me right out of the game to my last used app. Is there anyway to turn off the swipe from left app switching in a legacy full screen app?
    Sunday, September 18, 2011 9:51 PM

All replies

• bump. i have this problem while playing any game. either it brings me to my last app or to the metro ui
    Monday, September 19, 2011 4:19 AM
  • I was playing Crysis 2 yesterday just to test the game performance (worked very well, no performance issues) and at times it would just kick me back to the desktop. I wasn't swiping near the edge of the screen so I don't know what triggered this behaviour.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 6:11 AM
  • I haven't had the swipe happening to me but something else does when in-game, full screen.

Normally in win8 in the desktop mode, you move your mouse to the bottom left and the new black start menu will pop up. The same thing happens when playing fps for example and aiming far toward left and down it will also activate the menu. In Bad Company 2 it pushes me out of full-screen into windowed mode. I can still play fine in window mode and the menu activation doesn't happen then.

Moving the mouse left and down in Deus Ex: HR doesn't drop me out of the game or pops to window mode but simply causes the start menu to pop up over the game and disappears.

The games themselves run great on this win8 build which I was very impressed with to see.

I'm pretty sure these issues will get solved but just posting my experience feedback here for the devs.

Monday, September 19, 2011 8:29 AM