none
Skeleton over Color- / Depthstream RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

how can I display a skeleton (similar to the "Sample Skeleton Viewer") over the Color-/Depthstream? For the moment I use an Image for Color-/Depthstream and a Canvas for the Skeleton...

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Friday, September 9, 2011 4:04 PM

Answers

• You can use the SkeletonEngine.SkeletonToDepthImage method to map each skeleton joint position into a position in depth stream, and then you can do a further mapping using Runtime.NuiCamera.GetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel to map this position into a position in color stream. Once you have mapped skeleton joint positions into color stream coordinates, you can use a canvas to render both color stream frames and tracked skeletons on top of them.

Hope this helps,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, September 9, 2011 6:20 PM

All replies

• You can use the SkeletonEngine.SkeletonToDepthImage method to map each skeleton joint position into a position in depth stream, and then you can do a further mapping using Runtime.NuiCamera.GetColorPixelCoordinatesFromDepthPixel to map this position into a position in color stream. Once you have mapped skeleton joint positions into color stream coordinates, you can use a canvas to render both color stream frames and tracked skeletons on top of them.

Hope this helps,
    Eddy

I'm here to help
    Friday, September 9, 2011 6:20 PM
  • Just found this 10 minutes ago in the reference. But was not sure if this works :)

So thanks very much !!
    Thomas

Friday, September 9, 2011 7:22 PM
  • Which namespace is the class SkeletonEngine? The version 1.5 of the SDK don't contains this class. Apparently don't contains the Runtime class too. (The MS documentation is very bad!)
    Wednesday, June 20, 2012 3:03 PM