none
What would be the best microsoft certification for software engg. RRS feed

• Question

• i am from india... i am working in software development company as software engg...( i am developing web based application.. and some windows based too.. using asp.net technology...with C#.net  and working on 3.5 framework.....with sql server 2005

and i love to develop  application... but i want my coding standard to be improved... but dont know how..

2. i am going in right direction.. i mean in developing line......i have done b.tech and having 1 and half year experience in asp.net in softw developing..company..

and i wanna Microsoft certification.. but i am confuse there too.. dont know which certification to choose... and are they these certifications helpful.. in industry in (position as well as salary aspects..).. if yes then which certification i will choose. ???

should i go for MScPD or MScAP.. or MScIP...

please guide me.....

Thursday, February 24, 2011 6:37 AM

Answers

• @Spenzo:

for an I.T. Career focusing on Software Eng'g. The best way to start a Microsoft Certification is by taking 70-536 (Application Foundation Development) and to be followed with your own career tracks:

• Window Developer 3.5
    • ASP.NET Developer 3.5
    • Enterprise Application Developer 3.5

Link : http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

hope that this information will help you through :D

Monday, February 28, 2011 4:39 PM

All replies

• no one here to guide me.. please help me...
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:29 AM
  • no one here to help me.. please its been 3 days....please help me Microsoft guys...i want ur certifications.. but with little guidance....its humble request
    Monday, February 28, 2011 5:22 AM
  • @Spenzo:

for an I.T. Career focusing on Software Eng'g. The best way to start a Microsoft Certification is by taking 70-536 (Application Foundation Development) and to be followed with your own career tracks:

• Window Developer 3.5
    • ASP.NET Developer 3.5
    • Enterprise Application Developer 3.5

Link : http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx#tab2

hope that this information will help you through :D

Monday, February 28, 2011 4:39 PM
  • by this exam i mean "70-536 (Application Foundation Development)".. 

i will become MCPD acc. to microsoft link u provide... with web development.. am i right...??

or its for MCTS acc to this link http://weblogs.asp.net/istofix/archive/2008/01/25/i-finished-application-development-foundation-070-536-exam.aspx

i am confused...

... if i am not wrong by giving "70-536 (Application Foundation Development)" this test i will become 

professional "ASP.NET Developer 3.5".. i mean MCPD....am i right

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:34 AM
  • @Spenzo1:

by passing one exam 70-536 we become a MCP Microsoft Certified Professional at first.

now we can go on to the next level which is MCTS certifications . There are six exams i think, i can only   enumerate one which is related to my track.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exam                             Certification Title

• Exam 70-562 + 70-536: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development

if you are planning to go on MCPD title just pass one exam Exam 70-564 :

PRO : Designing and Developing  ASP.NET Applications Using the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5

and then you earn the title on MCPD: ASP.NET Developer 3.5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your link about 70-536 is right!

hopes this information gives you a big picture about MCPD 3.5 certifications.

Good Luck on our exams :D

-=johnjl=-
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 2:25 PM