none
Possible Bug in VS2015.2 with default languages

Question

• I keep getting the warning:

"Resources found for language(s) 'de,en' but no resources found for default language(s): 'en-US'. Change the default language or qualify resources with the default language."

However I think this warning is wrong as the default language of my project is 'de'.

To demonstrate I have included a screenshot that contains all the pertinent information. Or, am I overlooking something? I would not want to report a bug when the error is mine.

Friday, April 08, 2016 3:14 PM

All replies

• Hi BrankoRieck,

Do the de folder and en folder in your solution created by the default project template or by yourself? And what project type do you create?

Please provide some detailed steps to help us reproduce your problem in our side.

Please check whether you have set the language for your Visual Studio as de from Tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> International Settings as below image. I'm don't understand the de language, so my screenshot is my default language on my Windows.

In addition, this forum is an English forum, please tell us the properties that you quote on the screen in English, which can help us understand your problem more easily. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Monday, April 11, 2016 6:40 AM
  • Do the de folder and en folder in your solution created by the default project template or by yourself? And what project type do you create?

I created the folders myself

Please check whether you have set the language for your Visual Studio as de from Tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> International Settings as below image

The language in my VS2015.2 Community is Deutsch (=de)

Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:55 PM
  • Hi BrankoRieck,

Thanks for your response for my questions.

According to your description, the en folder stores the English resource and you use some of them in your project which is not be qualified.

In order to remove this warning, either file(s) or string resource(s) should be qualified with the default language, or the default language should be changed. You can change the default language in Windows Store app projects by opening package.appxmanifest in Visual Studio and editing "Default language" in the Application UI tab.

Please refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/Library/Windows/Apps/jj552947.aspx#makepriexe_warnings_and_error_messages

And there has other communities who has the similar problem, please refer to the suggestions in below thread. Hope that can help you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/67d93f17-75f2-4a29-a3e1-863baa8ff425/where-are-the-resw-files-for-default-languages?forum=winappswithcsharp

In addition, according to the error message, I think this problem should be more related to your application. Since this forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. I suggest you post this problem to corresponding development forum for a better help.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 2:17 AM
  • Unfortunately the problem seems to be a little different that you are trying to describe.

As you can see in the second, commented picture I have set

1.  the default language in the package.appxmanifest to "de" and

2. the neutral language in the assembly information also to "de".

The error message however always talks about the default language being "en-US" which IS WRONG!

Or am I missing another place to set the language?

Wednesday, April 27, 2016 10:39 AM
  • Hi BrankoRieck,

Please try check the Resouce node in Package.appxmanifest as below. You can open the Package.appxmanifest with right-click -> Open with -> XML Editor.

<Resources>
        <Resource Language="en-US" />
      </Resources>

In addition, please refer to following sample project which also use two languages in that project, please compare your project with this one to check whether there has any difference.

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Application-resources-and-cd0c6eaa

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 2:44 AM
  • Hi Weiwei,

thanks for your quick reply!

Here is my Package.appxmanifest:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Package xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10" xmlns:mp="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2014/phone/manifest" xmlns:uap="http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/uap/windows10" IgnorableNamespaces="uap mp">
    <Identity Name="brk.minloc.org" Publisher="CN=brank" Version="1.0.0.0" />
    <mp:PhoneIdentity PhoneProductId="a1b2ce65-492f-48c3-9806-3a5d25cac4b3" PhonePublisherId="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" />
    <Properties>
    <DisplayName>MinLoc</DisplayName>
    <PublisherDisplayName>brk</PublisherDisplayName>
    <Logo>Assets\StoreLogo.png</Logo>
    </Properties>
    <Dependencies>
    <TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.0.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.0.0" />
    </Dependencies>
    <Resources>
    <Resource Language="de" />
    <Resource Language="en" />
    </Resources>
    <Applications>
    <Application Id="App" Executable="$targetnametoken$.exe" EntryPoint="MinLoc.App">
    <uap:VisualElements DisplayName="MinLoc" Square150x150Logo="Assets\Square150x150Logo.png" Square44x44Logo="Assets\Square44x44Logo.png" Description="MinLoc" BackgroundColor="transparent">
    <uap:LockScreen Notification="badge" BadgeLogo="Assets\BadgeLogo.png" />
    <uap:DefaultTile Wide310x150Logo="Assets\Wide310x150Logo.png" Square71x71Logo="Assets\Square71x71Logo.png" ShortName="Lavrion" Square310x310Logo="Assets\Square310x310Logo.png">
    <uap:ShowNameOnTiles>
    <uap:ShowOn Tile="wide310x150Logo" />
    <uap:ShowOn Tile="square310x310Logo" />
    </uap:ShowNameOnTiles>
    </uap:DefaultTile>
    <uap:SplashScreen Image="Assets\SplashScreen.png" />
    <uap:InitialRotationPreference>
    <uap:Rotation Preference="portrait" />
    <uap:Rotation Preference="landscape" />
    </uap:InitialRotationPreference>
    </uap:VisualElements>
    </Application>
    </Applications>
    <Capabilities>
    <Capability Name="internetClient" />
    </Capabilities>
    </Package>

I see no differences between the project you quoted and mine - unfortunately.

Warm regards,

Branko

Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:29 AM
  • Hi BrankoRieck,

Do you have compare your project with the sample project I provide in my previous reply?

I create a sample project and don't reproduce your problem. If possible, please upload a sample project to us which has this issue to OneDrive and then share a link here, which can help us reproduce your problem to find out what's happened in your project.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, April 29, 2016 1:35 AM