RDP broken on iPad but works on laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I have been successfully RDP-ing into a Windows VM on Azure for some time now using my laptop. I recently downloaded the remote desktop app for iPad, and when I try to log in with the same credentials (local account user name, same password), it says it cannot connect. Am I missing something here?
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

And you could RDP to Virtual Machine using laptop with the same name and password, but iPad could not?

Maybe you could use the Remote Desktop Client in iPad:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473013.aspx

If you use the RDP client to connect the Vritual Machine, you could need to type DNS name\user name: public port number of RemoteDesktop  and password.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vivian Wang

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please follow the below instructions for iOS Remote Desktop App:

Tap on "New Remote Desktop"
    Type your IPv4 address into the "PC name".
    Type your username & password without domain. *The Domain name will be added automatically.
    Save the credentials and setting.
    You may be prompt with message of server certificate that does not match the computer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Arvind

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 6:39 PM
  • This is exactly what I did, and it does not work.
    Wednesday, August 6, 2014 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

And you could RDP to Virtual Machine using laptop with the same name and password, but iPad could not?

Maybe you could use the Remote Desktop Client in iPad:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn473013.aspx

If you use the RDP client to connect the Vritual Machine, you could need to type DNS name\user name: public port number of RemoteDesktop  and password.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vivian Wang

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:26 AM
  • Hi,

Since found no reply from your end, marking the thread response by Vivian as answered. You may UnMark if this did not resolve your concern.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu.

Monday, August 18, 2014 4:14 PM