Two Level workflow for documents uploaded to SharePoint Document Library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I want to develop solution where a group of users can upload the document and that goes to its Manager    ---> After manager approval document goes to Moderator and after his last approval content/file will be visible to all.

How can i achieve this in SharePoint 2007.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:05 PM

Answers

• You can achieve this using SharPoint Designer workflow.

First thing you will need to do is to have a number of Person/Group fields that will hold information about the poeople you want to send the document to.

Call these Manager and Moderator.

Next you will have to have a status field (make it a dropdown) and have some statuses in there. This is how you control who can see the documents.

Would have a number of entries like Sent to Manager, Sent to Moderator, rejected, approved

Use views to filter so have a all items view that only shows approved documents

Have an approval view that uses [Me] to show the user (manager and moderator) if they have things to approve

You then just need to foigure out a way to move things from one state to the next. Either write a custome workflow or simply instruct the users to change the status when they are happy to move stuff on.

You might also want to add comments fields in case of rejection.

Hoefully there are enough ideas in there to get you started.

Friday, September 21, 2012 7:35 AM

All replies

• You can achieve this using SharPoint Designer workflow.

First thing you will need to do is to have a number of Person/Group fields that will hold information about the poeople you want to send the document to.

Call these Manager and Moderator.

Next you will have to have a status field (make it a dropdown) and have some statuses in there. This is how you control who can see the documents.

Would have a number of entries like Sent to Manager, Sent to Moderator, rejected, approved

Use views to filter so have a all items view that only shows approved documents

Have an approval view that uses [Me] to show the user (manager and moderator) if they have things to approve

You then just need to foigure out a way to move things from one state to the next. Either write a custome workflow or simply instruct the users to change the status when they are happy to move stuff on.

You might also want to add comments fields in case of rejection.

Hoefully there are enough ideas in there to get you started.

Friday, September 21, 2012 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

As kenny said, designer is better option to create multilevel approval workflow. Here is similar thread for designer 2007 with steps. Read and follow the process as mentioned in thread:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointworkflow/thread/62f39bec-e5f9-4e7d-97fd-3f3f84837c8b/

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"

Friday, September 21, 2012 7:50 AM