none
How do I enable mcSPI3 on the OMAP3730 (Variscite)? RRS feed

• Question

• Sounds straight forward? That's what I thought, but here I am three days later...

I have added McSPI3 into the OS catalogue.

I have checked that this loads and am able to CreateFile to get a valid handle.

I am using DeviceIoControl to configure and try to read / write from the driver. I have a logic analyzer connected to the pins on the device the SPI is connected to - so far I have seen nothing.

In the bootloader (xldr) I have added in MCSPI3_PADS into the initialPinMux settings, I have also altered the MUXMODE to be 1 (after looking at TI's AM/DM37x multimedia device silicon revision 1.x manual (table 13-4 Core Control Module on page 2457). [Actually looking at the table mcspi3 occurs with multiple pins, I've just changed the MMC2 pins - but after I've posted this I'll configure every register that mentions spi3 - to be sure - to be sure.]

I've tried altering registers in eboot as well.

I would have thought that this would be straight forward. Has anyone done this and could post a checklist as I think that I've done everything correctly. But I'm not seeing any output.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

John Dr

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:57 PM

All replies

• I have not used mcSPI 3 but may be i can suggest few things.

If you are sure that the driver for McSPI is loaded and you are able to communicate with  the driver, but it seems the driver is not working ...

Check if any other driver (SDIO etc) is overwriting the MUX settings.

You can try and do the correct MUX setting again in your McSPI driver again. (read and then reconfigure again)

Clock should come. at least.

Hope this will give a breakthrough.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Thanks, I've managed to get this working - still looking for the best place to put the calls to set the correct MUX_MODE though.

Issue was down to hw, then configuration.

Monday, February 25, 2013 4:08 PM
  • The best place i found to put the MUX setting is in xloader.

But you will find in most of the BSP's it is done in OEM layer called by the drivers.

If we put all the mux setting together in the BL layer it is easy to maintain and debug.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 4:51 AM