Need to change the display setting in windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two display ports in system. Based on the ports ID i need to clone or extend the displays Programatically in C++.

Is any one have an idea how to clone and extend the displays? Do we have any Windows API to do it?

I have used 'EnumDisplayDevices() function to get the display info but am not getting to extend or clone the display.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Friday, August 7, 2020 11:59 AM

All replies

• I'm moving your question to the C++ forum.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, August 7, 2020 12:11 PM
  • Can i get the  C++ forum link where my question is moved?

Friday, August 7, 2020 2:56 PM
  • Can i get the  C++ forum link where my question is moved?

Check this link:

Friday, August 7, 2020 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

I have two display ports in system. Based on the ports ID i need to clone or extend the displays Programatically in C++.

Is any one have an idea how to clone and extend the displays? Do we have any Windows API to do it?

I have used 'EnumDisplayDevices() function to get the display info but am not getting to extend or clone the display.

Using   EnumDisplayDevices() function we will get the DeviceID, using that DeviceID i need to extend and clone the displays simultaneously.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunday, August 9, 2020 2:43 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting here,

You could use SetDisplayConfig, check the following sample:

https://stackoverflow.com/a/6834687/10611792

Best Regards

Drake

This “General Windows Desktop Development Issues” Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

"Win32 API" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Win32 API" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, August 10, 2020 1:22 AM