Website suddenly stopped working - nullreference error RRS feed

• Question

• User1865663106 posted

Hi

I have ASP classic site that stopped working! I did not make any changes. It works for a few minutes after recycle pool. 
    Direct URL work - f.x  www.xxx.dk/login/login.asp works but not www.xxx.dk/login/

This is the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       System.Web.HttpApplication.GetNotifcationContextProperties(Boolean& isReentry, Int32& eventCount) +106
       System.Web.PipelineStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error) +145
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ResumeSteps(Exception error) +13
       System.Web.HttpApplication.BeginProcessRequestNotification(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb) +86
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +360

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.7.3429.0

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Changing from Integrated Pool to Classic seems to have fixed it. But I would still like to find the underlaying error. 

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:31 AM

All replies

• User-848649084 posted

Hi,

Could you please share the sample code which causes this exception? 

Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:00 AM
  • User1865663106 posted

I don't think this is a code problem. Maybe the code does something crazy somewhere that breaks IIS, but I can't post all the hundreds of pages :-)

When running in Integrated pool mode, something breaks the IIS after 1 min. Recycle pool and it works for 1 min. When the pool is broken the pages called "directly" (site.com/login/default.asp) still work. And site.com/login gives the error.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 6:26 AM
  • User-848649084 posted

Hi,

Please check that you enable ASP feature of the iis or not. 

Monday, August 5, 2019 2:01 AM
  • User-848649084 posted

You can also refer to this link for what is the difference between integrated and classic pipeline mode.

Monday, August 5, 2019 5:50 AM